Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rotation Schedule!

Just found out my rotation schedule for next year:
July-August: Ob/Gyn
Sept-Oct: Neuro/Psych
Nov-Dec: Surgery
Jan-Feb: FamMed/Elective
Mar-Apr: Peds
May-Jun: Med

Not my 1st choice (it was my 2nd), but at least it keeps my options for elective somewhat open.

6 comments:

Brian said...

I'm actually kinda worried about my rotations. My fiancee is starting her residency in June, so I want to do as many of my rotations in the same city as possible, but my school isn't affiliated with any hospitals there.

Unknown said...

WOW.

I came across your webpage in an internet search. This is down right scary. Med school sucks... no one wants to hear about it, you'll figure that out once you start clerkships. Sorry.

Katie said...

Mae, are you a medical student? Cause it's not scary, but maybe the more accurate word would be overwhelming at times. Next year will be intense and probably scary at times, but that's the road I chose.

As for people not wanting to read this... I do it more for myself, sometimes you just need to share things, even if it's with no one in particular. That's the point of blogging. However, it's also for my family and friends, so they know what I'm up to without sending mass emails every week. Outside of my extended family, I do have other people who read my blog.

Saying that no one wants to hear about it is a mass generalization that is actually quite wrong. There are multiple med student blogs... And not only med students read them. People have all sorts of different interests, some people enjoy hearing first hand what it's like to go through something like med school.

And I apologize for any grammar/spelling mistakes, I'm on my iPhone. So between the crazy autocorrection and the fact that I cannot scroll up to read it all over, well you get the picture.

Best of luck.

Katie said...

Brian, I sorry to hear that. Are there any other schools in the area that you could work with through your school? You might be able to find a program that allows outside students access to their teaching physicians.

John said...

Whoo, we're trying this "online" registration thing where first come first get. I got Peds first for six weeks then Ob/Gyn for six weeks. I'm hoping to get Internal next for 12 weeks, then Surgery for 12 weeks, and ending the year with psych for 6 and family for 6.

What do you want to go into?

Katie said...

going back and forth between peds and surgery... end goals of either pediatric hematology/oncology or pediatric surgery.... leaning more towards surgery currently. you?