Friday, February 25, 2011

Waiting...

Rank lists are in... which means there's no reason to be hiding anymore (at least, I hope that's the case). So, after a long absence: I'M BACK!

How have you all been? (I have to say that those I follow on Twitter seem to be doing well...)

Now, where does that leave me.... Let's see...

I'm just about finished with my Advanced Surgical Skills (ASS) course, which was awesome. Imagine spending a month with some of your best med school friends, who are all going into surgery, and the inappropriate jokes that come along with them just being your friends and add the jokes pertaining to the course title... Wowza!

Rank order lists were due on the 23rd. Which means my fate is in the hands of a computer algorithm and unknown until the 13th of March (when I find if I matched) and the 17th of March when (God-willing) I find out where I've matched.

Until then I plan on doing a whole lot of almost nothing alongside a radiology elective (read: radiovacay). The only big thing happening before then is a huge fundraiser called Lampoon, of which I'm one of the coordinators (mad props to my friend Lindsay for the amazing photoshop work!)


After March... I'm done. As in, no more rotations only waiting for graduation!

Wow, I cannot believe that med school is over! Where has the time gone?! How has 4th year gone by so fast!?

Anyways... hopefully now that my life is a little more lax, I'll have some extra time to update. (Hopefully I still have a readership :| ).

So, until next time... :)

2 comments:

JP said...

That is a freakin' cute blog there Katie! Did you ever worry that residency programs would catch hold of your blog and delve into your life? I was a tad worried at one point but figure this is who I am and ended up not caring.

Welcome back!

Katie said...

Thanks! Figured it was time for a little upgrade. I did worry about it and had it on lock down until last night. I also made my twitter "request only" (which I think I'll probably keep).

What are you trying to match? You're rank list post was really interesting!