Today I had Alice in Wonderland in my Easter basket (yes, I still get and Easter basket). I can't tell you how happy this makes me. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorites. I've loved the Disney movie since I was a little girl. I read Through the Looking Glass in high school and college. And was in line the first weekend the new movie came out. I don't really know what it is about this story that I love so much, but I do... I can't explain it but I'll try in part...
In true Sunday fashion, my mother and I went to Barnes and Noble today after church.. and there was a book on the philosophy of Alice in Wonderland. There was a line in the first part of the book that talked about how 2 women in a class described Alice as their favorite fairytale girl because she accomplishes everything through her own means, no prince or fairy godmother necessary. And during that her journey she becomes what everyone else needs her to be, only to discover who she is... and when she does she's accepted. I loved this description.
I don't know if that explains everything about why I love this story... but at least it's a start.

And now I need to get back to my movie. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment