Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Years!

Well, it is officially the new year... and has been for a few days now (yet somehow I'm only just now getting to this).

I thought I would add some pictures from Christmas and New Year:

Trivial Pursuit - played both on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day


Christmas ornaments... have lots more, I'll upload them to Picasa at some point

Merry Christmas to me.... I have a new car, and its pretty. It also feels very adult as it's the first time my name is on the title (and I'm the one paying for it)!
NYE party... canceled and then back on due to weather (so we wouldn't have to drive to the burbs)


Jacki and me studying Clin Med (aka rewatching lots of lectures.... lecture is on the big screen, notes/outline is on the small screen). We brought in the comfy chairs to enhance the studying environment (best idea ever!)


If this was facebook I would take the following 1) streaming lecture, 2) coffee (thanks to my awesome roomie) and 3) big binder of notes

And now to follow the precedent set by other blogs, firstly the NY Resolutions:
  • Consistent quiet time (kinda got lost in the shuffle of the last few months)
  • Clean up vocabulary (especially when driving)
  • Work out 3x per week (helped by the fitness challenge 2008 between friends -- you win and you get a prize!)
  • Pray more
Secondly, my past year:
January
-NYE in Thailand, complete with bomb threat and a new boyfriend
-teaching animal and human biology to my HSers

February
-came back to the states for interviews
-saw boyfriend for the first time since january

March
-got accepted to med school
-celebrated birthday
-spring break = dad and brother in thailand

April
-spring break = phuket and phi phi islands

May
-umm, did anything happen in may?? maybe just some crazy pictures in the night market
-staci pretty much living with brooke and me = amazing

June
-finish up a teaching stint.... year went by crazy fast
-come back to states to see mom's final show of 1776
-go to Texas to visit boyfriend

July
-break up with boyfriend
-find amazing apartment in detroit
-relaxing before the start of med school

August
-welcome to med school
-meet your classmates and cadaver
-learn how to balance life with med school

September
-more anatomy and histology -- head and neck (shot me now)
-labor day at traverse city, beautiful orchards!

October
-still anatomy and histology -- at least the things are big (GI, Resp, major organs, etc)
-jeremy camp concert, oktoberfest (tiger's game) and halloween parties are the only things keeping me sane
-hannah gets married -- crazy but so good to see her again
-start attending my (new) church

November
-are we done with anatomy yet?!?! fricking leg, pelvis, and perineum (let me out of here!)
-finally paint the apartment!

December
-physiology and biochemistry -- I miss anatomy and histology (completely true reaction); WTF?! 1500 pages of phys notes!? Are they serious?!
-women's fellowship starts
-chicago trip = highlight of last few months
-christmas with the fam and finally a break

No comments: