Once off from school I'm not much better. The strain of school makes me not want to do anything. Laundry goes home with me and sits waiting to be thrown in the laundry machine, I still haven't paid bills, and I like to sleep a little too much (I'm now blaming this on fragmented sleep due to the bed at home).
I do, however, find pretty pretty things to distract me (or things that I do out of feeling lost):
1. I bought 2 DVDs yesterday at Target, which actually turned out to be 4 movies (for like $20, how could I say no?). So, I've been watching movies:
One of the movies was a 3 in 1 of classic Audrey Hepburn movies (what can I say, I'm a sucker for the classics). So mom and I watched Roman Holiday and I enjoyed Breakfast at Tiffany's all by myself. LOVE IT!
The other movie was Sense and Sensibility. Again, sucker for Jane Austen (and most romantic literature for that matter... I have Wuthering Heights in document form on my computer right now c/o the Gutenberg Project)
2. iPhone games... oops. I found one called Doctor Awesome and it was only 99 cents. How can you not be intrigued with a name like that?! It's pretty awesome (it takes the names from your contacts and admits them as patients). That and Guitar Rock Hero have given me hours of fun.
Other things distracting me:
3. My beautiful beautiful dog
4. The hot tub.... yes, a definite bonus of coming home
5. Robbin's Review of Pathology... lots and lots of questions that are feeding the guilt of not studying and not having done them during the semester. There also there to help keep the topics fresh so board prep isn't such a beast come spring. It's fun to read the questions to my mom and see what she thinks the answer might be (it's also helping me define terms more clearly and solidify concepts).
On that note... time for bed. Family Christmas tomorrow to get some sleep for (minus the whole insufficient sleep issue due to fragmented sleep and possible apnea due to allergies).
No comments:
Post a Comment