TEST UPDATE: I PASSED! Everyone say YAY! I was really excited to see this the other day. But as my friend M says, "It sucks to study so much just to be about average." I have to echo that, seeing as I study 6-8 hours every weekday (after 8 hours of class), not even including what I do on weekends.
In other news: We are now in the head and neck unit of gross. Let's just say that I felt behind from the day after the exam and have not been able to get my head above water since. However, histology has let up a bit (and luckily my undergrad histology was good enough for me not to stress about that one to begin with) but embryo has started. I have to give my undergrad embryo prof major props for that class. It was more detailed than my current one and I've been spending lots of time helping my friends with what it going on. Needless to say, the helping is cutting back on the time that I should be studying gross anatomy... hmm, what to do? Be a good samaritan or turn into a gunner that tries to succeed at the expense of friends (and future colleagues)? I think I'll opt for friends and less sleep.
However, I've been trying to read the first lecture material for gross. Reading about bones is boring.... and it's like 30 pages. It's taking me forever and I'm getting really distracted. Hence blogging and checking the news.
Interestingly enough I found a news article about breast cancer in African American women. Just to happens that in Clinical Medicine today we talked about health status in African American vs. European American and talked about the very same thing. I love that I learned about something in lecture before it's a CNN headline.
1 comment:
YAY Katie!!!!
Okay, Dr. K, I have an EKG in a.m. for chest pains---oh my! Been happening for one month...started one day out of the blue...pray for peace tomorrow...have to have dental work too---tried to do it last week but I had to take the plate out after 4 days of terrible pain...they think they are starting over tomorrow but I don't know if I can handle it...appreciate your prayers and wish you were with me tomorrow!
Post a Comment