I have been a very bad student this week, and I have a feeling that it's going to catch up on me! I was okay on Monday, but it started going "downhill" on Tuesday. I went to one of the clinics that our school is connected to.... and had a wonderful time! It's amazing just learning how to take a history makes it so much easier! But going on a weekday meant that I didn't get home until about 8:45. And by that point I was just too tired to study.
Then Wednesday I found myself not studying either because I met up with my mom for dinner... not getting home until 8. Yesterday was the same story. I was volunteering at Children's hospital and didn't get home until 8:30. It was a great time, but between that and Grey's Anatomy I kinda screwed myself. Luckily this unit isn't as hard as head and neck.... my goal for the weekend is to get lots of studying in. Which might be hard tonight since I'm exhausted. Hmm. In other news, funny things happened this week....
Firstly, we'll started with "The Blower." This is a student in my class who, although a nice person and someone who will be a great doctor, might need to see a doctor. "The Blower" has been disturbing classmates since class started in August. At first we thought it was a cold, but after a few weeks we decided that it might be allergies (another theory... nervous habit). Now, one of my classmates has taken to counting how many times per hour "The blower" blows their nose. At first I thought it was funny, but probably not the kindest (kind of like how some of my friends would cut certain traits in teachers and professors... but now a little mean since almost everyone but the blower knows about this hourly activity).
However, the other day it got REALLY bad. Like bad to the point that the lecturer was being distracted. So bad that I found myself asking my fellow classmate how many he counted. Ready? 101 times in 2 hours! How is this even physically possible?!?! How can "The Blower" live like this?
It got to the point that many of us didn't go to a few lectures because it was so distracting! I really wish the blower would go get some help... not just for our sake, but for the sake of their very red nose.
Another funny occurrence, although probably not very professional on our parts happened today. We had a new lecturer today. Now, I usually go to lectures. There was one professor I left during break (to stream later at 2x, thus making the speed normal speed; as karma would have it, he ended up being the new lab prof... which I also left at break, only to find a new one the next day ... too bad you can't stream lab).
I have also started streaming another prof because he is kind of hard to understand and adds stuff to lecture that I want to get (I stream him at normal speed and listen to a few places numerous times to get it all; the picture is representative of the gloriousness of streaming lectures in the comfort of my own home). Today was bad though! I try and give new lecturers benefit of the doubt. But let's just say, within 2 minutes the first person slipped out the back doors. Within the first 5 minutes I found myself grabbing my stuff, slowly getting up, and quietly exiting out the back. I felt bad, but he was talking REALLY REALLY slow and reading his notes cold. It was really bad.
I wanted to stay for the next lecture, who I knew was good (clinical correlations from a guy who made us laugh a lot the last time), so I set up my stuff at one of the tables behind the lecture hall. Within the next 10 minutes at least 15 people left lab, if not more. It was really funny to see everyone walk out. I felt bad for the guy, but it was just not good. Hmm. The next guy was of course on point and hilarious. Funny comments, including one about us being really good sighing 40 times in his lecture (4000 in the last one). He knew because I saw him go into the projection both and talk to our class director, who himself was laughing about the bad lecture. Let's just say that I won't be going to his lecture on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment