The past week has been absolutely crazy... The above picture is my to-do list for the past week (not including class)... Sadly, I did not complete it all... I was a little extreme in estimating my abilities (and motivation). However, before I get back to Costa Rica updates (next weekend?) I thought I'd update you all on my craziness.Last Friday there was a HUGE birthday party for a BUNCH of people... And by that I mean... Me, Eileen, Riki, Dan, Shareen, Berger, Joel, and I'm still forgetting someone I think. We all met up out a friends apartment for a little fun and then took the people mover (my first time) down to a local club for some fun.
The next morning I headed home for Easter. I spent the day catching up on sleep and dying eggs with my brother. Sunday was spent at church and with my extended family at Grandma's. I LOVE EASTER.. just throwing that out there.
I spent Monday at home, not wanting to travel on Easter and also having a hair appointment that day with my favorite stylish/surrogate uncle Dan. I then headed back to school for what I knew would be a crazy week.
Tuesday was busy with class, but I also had CMA lunch about caring for Christian patients (being on e-board for next year, I kinda needed to be there). I had to leave this early for an interview for Pediatric Care Interest Group... I was interviewing for co-coordinator (hoping I get it, but if not, I'm hoping I make sub-committee for volunteering).
Right after school I had to make a run to my favorite food store Joe Randazzo's, an amazing fresh fruit and veggie market... This was essential for two reasons, 1) I was out of fruit (and veggies), which is basically my main dietary substance, and 2) I needed to get supplies to make eggplant parmigiana for Thursday.
I got back just in time to unload and eat dinner before weekly fellowship... always a highlight of the week.
Wednesday was another full day, right after class there was a ceremony for the AIDS Quilt, which has been on display at our school for the last week. This was followed by me running upstairs to the PCIG's Match Panel. Which I ran from to get home and make pasta sauce for Thursday, which I stopped before cooking to play my last floor hockey game (I think)... during which I made my first goal (which I'm not really counting since it was completely set up and the teams were really unequal at that point... but whatever, I got it in).
Thursday was a nice little breather.... in the sense that all I had to do was make eggplant parmigiana for 12+ people and host a movie premiere for the Lampoon's Zombie Video (see below).
Friday was my birthday! And it was great... We celebrated my birthday and my roommates by going to Pizza Papalis, an amazing pizza restaurant in Greektown... unlucky for us there were TWO athletic events making the only real option walking... not that we were complaining too much... it was just the whole trying to get home issue prior to dinner.... Again, to whoever oversees city events... you should be fired. Two huge athletic events on the same night when half the roads are under construction... that just makes you an idiot.
Saturday I spent the morning at a local clinic and Saturday night was Lampoons. Lampoons is the annual "talent/sketch comedy show" put on my the students. It was funny... and we laughed a lot... In the end, the 1st years won both best video and best live skit (which is super funny since we didn't really have a live skit... just little video setups). It was here that the movie that the party was for was presented to the masses.... Imagine the cadavers coming to life and taking over the school.... As soon as it's up on Youtube (with the others) I will put links up here... It's one of the few that everyone will get without being a student here... but the other ones are crazy funny as well.
Needless to say... I'm behind in the school work with less than 2 weeks to the next exam. That means that this week I need to be super productive... and pray that it's not as crazy.
In Other News.... for the last 3 years I've been making mixes of my favorite songs on the radio... it started off with my roommate Jen senior year on the way to and from church. We kept saying "I LOVE THIS SONG." Since then, I've been using it to document my years by the seasons. I just finished downloading songs for my spring mix and thought I'd share it. Here goes:
Keep Breathing - Spring 2K08
1. The Anthem (feat. Lil Jon), Pitbull
2. Cupid Shuffle, Cupid
3. Don't Stop the Music, Rihanna
4. Feels Like Tonight, Daughtry
5. Get Buck in Here, DJ Feli Fel
6. Keep Breathing, Ingrid Michaelson
7. Kiss Kiss (feat. T-Pain), Chris Brown
8. Killa, Cherish
9. Love in this Club, Usher
10. New Soul, Yael Naim
11. No Air, Jordin Sparks
12. No One, Alicia Keys
13. Pocketful of Sunshine, Natasha Bedingfield
14. See You Again, Miley Cyrus (dedicated to my brother...)
15. Sensual Seduction, Snoop Dogg
16. Shadow of the Day, Linkin Park
17. Stop and Stare, OneRepublic
18. Superstar (feat. Matthew Santos), Lupe Fiasco
19. Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill) (feat Akon, Lil Wayne & Nila), Wyclef Jean
20. With You, Chris Brown
21. 4 Minutes (feat Justin Timberlack & Timbaland), Madonna
God Bless and may you all have a wonderful week!!!
P.S. Please keep Ms. Bev in your prayers, she's going through some hard health times right now (http://wwww.beverly-brandon.blogspot.com)
No comments:
Post a Comment