Saturday, October 25, 2008

I love music


(Why this picture? Information overload... there's too much, and I really cannot handle it)

Yesterday I started studying at 9 am. Around 6pm my eyes were going crazy and so was my head. So, I decided to have some distractions on in the background (the music wasn't enough -- I needed something to distract my eyes as well) -- thus began Katie's catch up on weekly TV shows. For those of you who don't know me (or maybe you all don't know) -- I'm a TV junkie.

There were a few things that I loved: 1) Grays, need I say more and 2) ALL the psych on Private Practice kind of helped me review for my test on Tuesday. However, there was one thing that really stuck with me throughout the rest of the night and into today... during Dirty Sexy Money (yes, I'm ashamed -- but again, I needed distraction) there was a lot of music by The Weepies.


Now, I do not know how I've missed listening to this band. I've heard of them, and heard a few of their songs before. But the music has somehow escaped my iTunes library... and still is (I really cannot allow myself to start buying music on iTunes... it's bad cause once I start I cannot stop).

So, in order to remedy the situation of not having any of The Weepies in my iTunes I turned to my trust friend: PANDORA. I typed in "weepies" and have been enjoying AMAZING music since last night... we're talking all day my friends.


During this I realized something else... Joshua Radin is AMAZING and I might be falling in love with him, I mean, erm... his CD "We Were Here". It's taken every once of strength not to buy this CD currently... or other songs of his.

And now back to studying --- my 2 test on Tuesday = 550 pages of information; my 2 tests on Friday = 900 pages of information. Sick....

2 comments:

Angela said...

I saw Joshua Radin in concert earlier this year. I particularly like "Closer", "Winter", "The Fear You Won't Fall", and a duet he did with Schuyler Fisk called "Paperweight". Oh man, I could listen to "Paperweight" for an hour.

The Weepies rock my socks. My favorites from them are probably "Nobody Knows Me at All", "All That I Want", "Gotta Have You"... And "Stars", and "Suicide Blonde"... And "Hideaway", and "All This Beauty"... And "World Spins Madly On", and "Happiness".

Goodness. I didn't realize how much I love them until just now.

Katie said...

I love "Paperweight"... I went to buy it on itunes -- but it's by album only .. wtf?! Anyways... I'm a HUGE fan of "Someone Else's Life".

I love the Weepies so far, not sure what songs, but still loving it. I'll have to check out those songs...

And one that I really like is "The District Sleeps Tonight" by the Postal Service.