Friday, October 24, 2008

Things I Shouldn't Be Thinking About...

... but am anyways.



versus


Ever since I can remember thinking about going into medicine I've been thinking pediatrics. Well, a few things have began to chip away at this foundation this year:

1. My friend told me she does not think I actually like kids. When I told this to my mom, she might have agreed. Thanks for the votes there. But I think I realized they might be a little right... this got me thinking about other interest.... before wanting to do pediatric oncology I was thinking pediatric surgery. So maybe surg?

2. I took a "What type of medicine should you do" type test, which according to some is pretty right. Well, the top 3 were all different fields of surgery. Hmmm, I guess I should have done better in anatomy lab.

I know that I have time, and still have 3rd year to sort it all, but it's kind of strange thinking that maybe peds might not be right... I mean I always knew I didn't want to do general peds (some speciality), but did that really just mean peds wasn't for me?

Anyways.... now I really have to study.

Pharm is going to kick my butt on Tuesday.

No comments: