Sunday, May 10, 2009

Jury Duty... FAIL!


"Apparently you morons didn’t understand me the first time. I CANNOT take time off from work. I’m not putting my familys wellbeing at stake to participate in this crap. I don’t believe in our “justice” system and I don’t want to have a goddamn thing to do with it. Jury duty is a complete waste of time. I would rather count the wrinkles on my dogs balls than sit on a jury. Get it through your thick skulls. Leave me the f–k alone."


My mom just sent this to me, and I had to share it as it actually relates to a bunch of crap that's been happening lately.

To put it simply, I've gotten called for jury duty 3 TIMES in the last 6 MONTHS!?

Now, it's not really 3 individual times... it's more like 1 got called 1 time... and postponed (cause I'm a student that doesn't currently live in the same city/area as my permanent address). Then they sent me a "new" date that happened to be in the middle of a test week with 3 exams... I postponed again and even had a few emails with the people about being a student and not being in the area.

Well, this past week I got another summons... Mind you, I'm still a student and still not living at my permanent address as I'm still IN SCHOOL!

Needless to say, I'm jumping through hoops at my school to get them to write a letter to the court people from hell while my parents send me the real summons (they technically wouldn't write the letter without the real summons, but seeing as how the court has to have it by Monday and i got the scanned copy on Wednesday... they had to work with me).

This is getting ridiculous though. Why the eff are they calling me?! And why are they stupid to the point that they cannot understand.... out of the area, medical school, exams every two weeks?! I mean, there are enough people with real jobs (or no jobs for that matter) that could do it... why are they so persistent in getting students?

If I cannot get out of jury duty it means that I'll be missing 2 exams. Which means that I will have to take the make-up exams, which means that I won't be able to take my board exams on time... Which means that I won't start 3rd year on time.

We're not talking missing a few days of class... We're talking I'd be starting 3rd year 2 months late... In September.

I'm so pissed right now.

I'm calling them this week to yell at them... but I thought I'd wait until my school has a chance to at least draft the letter to these idiots.

2 comments:

Brian said...

I actually had the same thing happen to me right before I was supposed to leave to start med school. Fortunately, I didn't have the same experience you did. I just told them I wasn't living in the state anymore and that I'd be starting med school in 2 weeks. My school wrote up a quick letter verifying my enrollment and that was it.

Heidi Renée said...

I had to do jury duty once in Virginia. I showed up on the days they wanted me, but never got picked. My sister, on the other hand, was on the jury for a medical malpractice suit recently.