Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The One in Which Katie is a Meanie..

The rest of my class finished 2nd year yesterday. Please note the qualifier of "rest" in the last sentence... Me? I don't finish until tomorrow morning.

Jury duty has officially served it's purposed... I've served, done my civic duty, and an now punished for doing good.... with an exam and a shortened board study time.

Last night I felt kind of bad, but every one was happy (mind you I did nothing last night but work on a website for a school group and finish Arrested Development) and talking about the end of second year. Right before going to bed my roommate and I were talking and she says, "So, I'm starting board study tomorrow." My reply, "I'm not and can't." I just wanted to say, please throw the dagger in a little further... yes, you get an extra few days and don't have meetings every other Friday all summer.... But that's okay...

I felt even worse when she asked me where I was studying today... at which point I just replied that from here on out I'm going to rooms/places where I WON'T run into other medical students. I know, mean... But I just need to get away... from everyone... and everything... and be in my own little world.

For the next few weeks I'm SERIOUSLY going into hibernation... I'm deactivating Facebook tomorrow after my exam, removing my "procrastination" tab from the toolbar and removing Tweetie from my applications bar. Even further, I'm turning my phone to off unless it's lunch or dinner.
So, I might show up randomly here or on Twitter... But for the most part (minus one more study aids post), I'll see you at the end of June just in time for Ob/Gyn.

2 comments:

*~Dani~* said...

Good luck Katie! I totally understand about wanting to escape from other med students as that is how I was with law students. See you when you get back!

John said...

It's been nice talking to you recently, good luck on finishing M2 and studying for boards! I totally understand getting away from other med students, although I regret seeing familiar people every once in a while.

Rock those boards! You know how to reach me =P