In less than 3 days orientation starts. Funny thing is we only just got an email today about when to arrive... nothing else, just orientation is 8-4:30 Monday thru Thursday and 8-5 on Friday. Earlier we got a package of papers/ forms that needed to be filled out for Records and Registration. It mentioned that we were rounding at some point during orientation, therefore, we needed to come dressed professionally on Monday (just in case). And then, again on the day we do round.
Maybe it's just me, but I'm about to embark on a huge phase of my life and I'm not the type of person who likes going into the dark unknown without a flashlight, let alone a little candle (which is what I equate the current situation to).
But, I am really excited for it all to happen. Just counting down the time.
So, what has happened in the last few days? Mom came down on Wednesday and we went to see Chuck and Larry. Funny, but no redeeming value. Then on Thursday I woke up at 4:30 am to go pick up my roommate and her mom from the airport.
We came back to the apartment, recouped from the early morning travels and then headed out to pick up Eileen's car and go to IKEA. We got to IKEA around 10:30 and mom and I left at 2:30 (Eileen and her mom still had to finish up) because I needed to get the physical I've been putting off since I got accepted. Oops.
Everything went well, in fact, the doctor I saw was a WSU alumnus. So we talked about her experiences at my new school. It was good. But, then just to have fun she asked if I had any blood work done lately. Nope. So, there goes three vials of my precious blood, leaving me slightly lightheaded (I don't think that I'd ever be able to donate because I'd probably faint while the needle was still in me.... I blame this on the fact that my iron is low due to being a vegetarian... time for more vitamins).
Anyways, when we got back mom and I unloaded all the stuff from our car as Eileen and her mom showed up with all their small stuff on a cart. We brought it up and now our apartment is a happy place. (Next Saturday, after all the stuff is hung on the walls I take some more pictures of the apartment... it's really exciting and I LOVE our living room!)
This morning was SUPER relaxing. I woke up early thinking I'd go to the clinic to get my TB test done (they didn't have the stuff yesterday). But I just ended up relaxing in the apartment while my mom, Eileen, and her mom slept. SO nice. Then, I finally made my self go around 1 (after having fun putting all the IKEA stuff together).
Right now, I'm back to relaxing. Thinking about picking up the book How Doctors Think. And enjoying the view from my window. It really makes me happy and I think it will help my sanity once things get really crazy. (It's going to be so beautiful when all the trees change colors).
2 comments:
I wanted to see you slide down your stairs in Chiang-Mai...hurry, go back...lol
Miss seeing you with Brooke so much!
Hope your candle they lit doesn't burn out...they should have shined a spotlight in the sky on your entry! You'll do awesome Katie. Can't wait to hear about you! Bev
Kate,
Good luck this week! Miss ya mucho.
be well, Frenchy
Post a Comment