Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Campity Camp

The week before my externship ended I was feeling the need to get out of the D and get back to nature, I called my mom and asked her if we were going camping anytime this summer. Within a few days we had it scheduled. We would be going up north to the Sand Dunes for 5 days and 4 nights... So, that's were I was since last Wednesday. And let me just say that it was amazing!

Mom and I went up early and went to our favorite campground, only to find that there were no regular sites available, only walk-ins. We were ready for this, as the campground tends to have waiting lines every morning to get sites. So we grabbed on of the last walk-ins, grabbed our tents and supplies (read multiple trips) and hiked into our campsite... which I absolutely loved.


Mom making bookmarks at the picnic table

Mom washing her hands at our water source.

The next day we moved to our more "permanent" site and spent a wonderful day at the beach. We ended the night with possibly the best camping movie ever (on my lovely little Mac): Dirty Dancing... also one of my favorite movies of all times.
My cherry red fingers... cherries are one of my favorite things about going up north.


At one point the car was in the water...

Clearly the GPS was confused... We were not off-roading and there is no water in sight.

On Friday my dad, dog and brother came up and set up the trailer... my brother and I continued to camp out in the tent. The next few days were full of putt-putt and kayaking with my brother, hanging out with my family, and the gloriousness that is the Sleeping Bear Dunes.


I love Putt-Putt... and so does my brother.

Please note that I got par on the back 9... and totally won!


Waiting for mom and dad to come back and get us after putt-putt. They had to make an emergency run to a nearby town to buy my dad a book.

On our 2 and a half hour river kayak trip, that we did in 1 hour and 45 mintues.


My brother on the lake that we kayaked through on the way to Lake Michigan.


I've uploaded some more pictures on my photoblog: http://drkatiedoesphotography.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Angela said...

Can I just say how weird it is that John looks like an adult? Because it is. Way weird.

Katie said...

I know.. Weird. Right?!