Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Wonderful 4th of July Weekend

Flower from my front yard.


Holidays tend to sneak up on me... for instances, last Sunday at church I was asked what I was planning to do on Friday. I answered, "What's Friday?"

Now I knew that the 4th was coming up, but in all honesty, I hadn't comprehended at that point that it was this week. Needless to say, this left me slightly confused as to what I was going to do for the 4th. And believe me, I was confused all week...
Come Thursday afternoon I still had no firm plans, but during the day I had this huge desire to go home (it had been a month since I was last home). So after work I called up my mom, or rather called her back, and told her I might be coming home.

Enter the most fun I've had in the last few weeks: 4th of July Weekend 2008.

Friday was spent at a local car show with my mom and "Uncle" Dan. We had such a wonderful time walking around a cute town nearby, admiring cars, eating ice cream, and looking at books. We also stopped into one of my favorite stores from childhood, where I found some amazing fabric.







And here's the amazing fabric... It was bought because I loved it soooo much and found an awesome pattern for a laptop bag (something I've been needing for a very long time). Thus starts my weekend project:


And here it is completed, less than 24 hours later:


I haven't sewn in such a long time, but it was so nice to break out my old friend (sewing machine) and put this together. I love the bag SO MUCH, which only adds to the awesomeness.

Other things that made this weekend amazing: Watching movies with mom and Dan, getting my hair cut and re-styled, being with my family, running around town on random errands, finishing another book, soaking up the sun in the pool, eating outside, playing with my dog, making smores in the back yard, and having a low key holiday.

1 comment:

davidkmercier said...

sounds like a jam-packed weekend! how are you???