
So I have to give much thanks to Jenn from Free and Flawed, who listed me as a recommended read. So awesome and unexpected. So thank you!
In return, I thought I'd add my 2-cents to the blogging world about what I like to read (besides the big obvious blogs, i.e. Sartorialist, Post-Secret, Apartment Therapy etc).
That being said, here's my 5 recommendations, with a why or a how (note: besides one, they're all medical people... but don't worry, they're good):
1. Angelaborations (and all her other blogs). I first met Angela in elementary school, at least according to my mother, when our parents signed us up for dance classes. Apparently we became friends while doing pirouettes to Copeland Fanfare for the Common Man. However, I don't really remember getting to know Angela until HS while doing theatre. She is quirky and crazy fun, which comes out in her blogs.
2. Nimish Parekh. I cannot remember exactly how I found this blog, but I'm always excited when it pops up in my google reader. Parekh is a medical student who takes beautiful photographs in his spare time, and those who know me know I love photography.
3. Zac at Agraphia. Another medical student who just makes me laugh at some of his posts. Blatantly honest about his thought and feelings on school, medicine, and life.
4. Nurse K at Crass-Pollination. HILARIOUS! This lady knows how to tell stories. What's even better is that they almost all comes from situations in the hospital.
5. Kat at Inked_Caduceus. First found this one in StudentDoctor Network. She's a 4th year medical student at the same school I go to. I read her entire first 2 years of school before starting my journey and have loved following her journey through the hospitals.
Join the fun! What do you all recommend reading?
1) Find 5 new Blogs that you find interesting
2) Notify the 5 bloggers that you are recommending them as part of BlogDay 2008
3) Write a short description of the Blogs and place a link to the recommended Blogs
4) Post the BlogDay Post (today, August 31st)
5) Add the BlogDay tag using this link and add the link to the Blog Day website
3 comments:
Thank you so much Katie! I remember getting a message from you awhile back, one of my photos popped up on rotating blogger toolbar you had or something? I can't remember, but I feel very honored for the recommendation! How's med school going? I'm trying to get this business up and running as a side project, so hopefully it catches on, and your recommendation only helps so I really appreciate it.
-Nimish
Awww! Thanks, Katie!
Thanks Dr. Katie! I'll check out those links :-)
Post a Comment