Sunday, August 17, 2008

Favorite Study Tools

It being a new school year I thought would share some of my favorite study aids that have gotten me through school this far.

In undergrad I became a huge flash card person. However, with the magnitude of index cards I went through, this did not seem very economically anymore. But I still needed some method to study...

About the time that I was going through this dilemma I found iFlash, a flash card program for Macs. If you are a Mac person who is also a student (at any level) I highly recommend this program.

I took a couple screen shots to share with you all:

This is the main screen. The individual cards are listed in the cute, and the card that I was editing is in the Inspector screen in front.


Review time: iFlash is set up to help you review! You can flip through cards easily and fast. My favorite little button is the "Know" check box at the bottom. This allows you to get rid of the cards you know in future study sessions.

The program also allows you to add photos to the cards and they can be printed in PDF form (which came in very useful during neuroanatomy and when sharing with friends)!

All in all a very useful program for any student.

In the future I'll try and add some of my other favorite study tools. Until then, my immuno studying is calling my name.

No comments: