My mom completely spoils my brother and me when it comes to holidays. For as long as I can remember my mom has put together gift for both Valentine's Day and Easter. I don't know why she started doing it, but all I know is that it's amazing.Now, you must admit, that that is amazing when you're little. But, what's even more amazing is that my mom STILL does it! In fact, my brother* actually asked her this year if she was going to do the holiday gifts. It's really quite a tradition in our family.
Last year my mom was actually staying over at my apartment close to Valentine's day, so she brought AMAZING cupcakes and some other fun things with her for the visit. When I was away at college, she'd send the gifts as packages.
Well today I went to my mailbox and found a slip saying I had a package waiting for me in the apartment office. I went in and received a colorful bag of goodies (see above image)!
I cannot lie and say that it was a complete surprise (I had talked to my mom earlier on the phone today about 2 happy things** and she had mentioned to be expecting something in the mail), but what was a surprise was all the goodies! I was kind of expecting the candy, but completely not expecting the Stabilo pens or the movie at all! ****
So, Mom, I LOVE YOU and YOU ARE THE MOST AMAZING MOM EVER***!
* Mind you, my brother is 19 and I'm 24 (almost 25). Yes, we're spoiled... I already mentioned that.
** I got my grades back for cardio today, and while my average was decent, my standardized score was pretty amazing for me. Also, I was nominated for a type of humanitarian honor society at our school.... there's 70 nominees for 12 spots . I don't know if I'll get it, cause a lot of the other people deserved it, but it's an honor to be nominated... and it makes me happy.
*** Sorry to everyone else, but it's true... You should be jealous that you don't have my mom as your mom. :)
**** And yes, I know that I overused the word "amazing", but there's really no other word that truly captures how awesome my mom is (except for maybe "awesome").
2 comments:
I WANT THOSE PENS.
I'm sending my sister a V Day package. Except I haven't sent it yet and I ate the M&Ms I was going to put in it. I'm off to an excellent start.
Your Mom rocks!
Post a Comment