I don't know your views on abortion, but this girl gives an amazing speech. So, I'm sharing:
In related news, I also wanted to share the following article. It's a few days old, but I didn't have time earlier to share...
For a little background on the story, here's a quote on what happened (Renelique is the doctor):
Renelique was not at the clinic, however, and Williams was told to wait for him. She was given two pills and told they would make her ill. When she complained of feeling ill, clinic staff members gave her a robe and told her to lie down in a patient room, the suit says.
Renelique was still not present when Williams "felt a large pain" and delivered a baby girl, according to the suit.
"The staff began screaming and pandemonium ensued. Sycloria watched in horror and shock as her baby writhed with her chest rising and falling as she breathed."
A clinic co-owner entered the room and used a pair of shears to cut the baby's umbilical cord, the suit said. She "then scooped up the baby and placed the live baby, placenta and afterbirth in a red plastic biohazard bag, which she sealed, and then threw bag and the baby in a trash can."
Staff at the clinic did not call 911 or seek medical assistance for Williams or the baby, the suit said.
Renelique arrived at the clinic about an hour later and gave Williams a shot to put her to sleep. "She awoke after the procedure and was sent home still in complete shock," the suit said.
Wow. I don't even know where to begin on this one (and I have a feeling people might get a little mad at me, but here goes anyways). I guess we should start with a "have you realized", that being that I am a Christian. I won't go into more detail there, but I will say that I usually a kind of liberal Christian - I don't believe in a 7 day creation (but still believe that God was directing everything), I support gay rights, and I drink and swear (but only in moderation, *wink*).
When it comes to abortion I'm not 100% committed either*. I do think that it's wrong, but I think that there are situations where it's hard to say that it's completely 100% wrong (i.e. situations of rape, conditions putting the mother's life at risk, etc). I also don't think that my morals should be force onto others... basically meaning, I don't think the "moral majority" has the "right" to decide what everyone else gets to do**.
That being said, although I don't necessarily agree with this girl's decision to get an abortion, what happened next I find absolutely appalling. Now, I know that for many people the idea of abortion can be justified by saying that "it" isn't really a person and the whole issue is about when we become human (the idea of ensoulment)... but I think most people think that would agree that if it can take a breath than it's a real human***.
I understand that the people at the clinic might have freaked out... but who would have ever thought that suffocating the baby was right? Let's say that post-birth the mom still didn't want the baby... there's safe haven laws**** and the option of adoption. This was just plain murder.
*However, recently my thoughts on the issue of abortion have been moving to a more conservative stance.
*** In fact, a lot of people think that 3rd trimester abortions are wrong, as a fetus can live outside the womb after the 27th week of development if there's no major complications.
**** Which I know doesn't necessarily apply, but someone from the clinic could have taken the baby somewhere.

1 comment:
I'm copy-catting you, and putting this on my blog.
I'm against abortion, but I don't think it should be illegal.
I'm totally cracking up at how serious and professional this little girl sounds.
Post a Comment