Welp, made it through another week! The weeks seem to be flying buy; one morning it's Monday and the next morning it's Friday!
This week we continued our lessons on the upper limb (from the elbow down). Let me just say that the arm is way confusion (or at least the hand).... so many muscles. But it makes sense when you think about how refined the movements of the fingers can be.
In histology we are still covering basic tissue types, which is really good. Again, my deepest thanks goes out to Dr. Fisher, whose class is allowing me to recognize everything and only have to memorize the details again. (If you are planning on going to med school and can take histo as an undergrad, I highly recommend it)
Friday was actually a really good day. We had histo lab in the morning, mhh. But in the afternoon a really funny radiologist came in and we began learning how to orient ourselves with different radiology tests and got some history about radiology. Then our "gross" doctor had a session on nerve lesions (what happens if you fall and damage your nerves). It was really interesting (CLINICAL CORRELATION! YAY!) and he was super funny.
We (Eileen, me and about 6 other people) headed back to the apartment where we sat by the pool studying/ went swimming and then walked over to Greektown for dinner. By far the best food of the night was from an AMAZING bakery.
This morning I had to wake up early to go to a co-curricular seminar (aka community service + seminars + 150 hr overs 2 yrs = 1 month off in 4th year). It was okay, but probably not the most productive one that I could have gone to... Oh well, it at least helped me redecide about what I want to do for community service. (I was going to volunteer at Children's Hospital, but now am going to work with a group that helps you learn spanish and serve the spanish community in the area! YAY! I've wanted to learn spanish for awhile, so I'm super excited).
That being said, time for me to study... I still don't know the muscles of the posterior forearm or any in the hand. Not good. Below is the long awaited/ promised apartment tour. Sorry it took so long to get it done (the sound and video don't exactly match up... sorry 'bout that, but you get the general idea from it).
This week we continued our lessons on the upper limb (from the elbow down). Let me just say that the arm is way confusion (or at least the hand).... so many muscles. But it makes sense when you think about how refined the movements of the fingers can be.
In histology we are still covering basic tissue types, which is really good. Again, my deepest thanks goes out to Dr. Fisher, whose class is allowing me to recognize everything and only have to memorize the details again. (If you are planning on going to med school and can take histo as an undergrad, I highly recommend it)
Friday was actually a really good day. We had histo lab in the morning, mhh. But in the afternoon a really funny radiologist came in and we began learning how to orient ourselves with different radiology tests and got some history about radiology. Then our "gross" doctor had a session on nerve lesions (what happens if you fall and damage your nerves). It was really interesting (CLINICAL CORRELATION! YAY!) and he was super funny.
We (Eileen, me and about 6 other people) headed back to the apartment where we sat by the pool studying/ went swimming and then walked over to Greektown for dinner. By far the best food of the night was from an AMAZING bakery.
This morning I had to wake up early to go to a co-curricular seminar (aka community service + seminars + 150 hr overs 2 yrs = 1 month off in 4th year). It was okay, but probably not the most productive one that I could have gone to... Oh well, it at least helped me redecide about what I want to do for community service. (I was going to volunteer at Children's Hospital, but now am going to work with a group that helps you learn spanish and serve the spanish community in the area! YAY! I've wanted to learn spanish for awhile, so I'm super excited).
That being said, time for me to study... I still don't know the muscles of the posterior forearm or any in the hand. Not good. Below is the long awaited/ promised apartment tour. Sorry it took so long to get it done (the sound and video don't exactly match up... sorry 'bout that, but you get the general idea from it).
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting
1 comment:
nice place! Beats the hell out of mine.
Post a Comment