Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Best Quote of the Week"

The Winner:
"I went to the dentist today and he didn't dilate my eyes!!! WTF?? Dr. Rafols lied to us..." - Justin

This is in reference to the fact that our ANS prof said numerous times to remember that atropine , like the dentist uses, dilates your eyes. It was funny as anything in class, but this made it SO much better. I laughed for about 15 minutes. And continue to everytime I think about it.

Runner Ups:
"I went to the new gym. They have these new ellipticals that you can set to pulling or pushing. They flash 'PULL. PULL. PULL.' But all I could see was 'STUDY. STUDY. STUDY.'" - Eileen

There have been SO many others. But I never write them all done, so I left resorting to my memory, which right now is high on histology and anatomy minutia.

MINI QUIZ
1. A 22 y.o. man comes in with a gun shot wound to the posterior branch of his brachial plexus. Which of the following is most likely going to be observed?
A. Wrist drop
B. Claw hand
C. Pope's blessing
D. Winged scapula
E. None of the above

2. Which of the following is not a protein involved in maintaining the distensibility of red blood cells?
A. Band 4.1
B. Spectrin
C. Entactin
D. Ankyrin

3. How fun is med school? *
A. Fun
B. Funner
C. Funniest
D. The best experience of your life
E. All the above and more

*please note sarcasm

1 comment:

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

the answer is "d" for all of them...you are hilarious...

when you can, check out brookie's first birthday photo on my blog...

praying for you sweet katie and your huge commitment to learn...

i love how you enjoy life...