
- "The number one reason Americans visit the doctor is to treat an upper respiratory tract infection." Hmm, interesting. Not much else to talk about with that one.
- "Thirty million men in the United States suffer from erectile dysfunction." Guess that could explain A LOT of things about men.... we'll leave it at that.
- "Modern researchers believe that some mystics, including Fyodor Dostoevsky, Saint Paul, Saint Teresa of Avila, and Marcel Proust, likely had temporal-lobe epilepsy, giving them visions and transcendental religious experiences, and feeding an obsession with matters of the spirit." I'll give them Dostoevsky and Proust, but I can't give them Paul... that would just be stupidity. I would recommend them reading some more history on Paul and Christianity in general.
- "As late as the 1930s, many doctors treated alcoholism with a regimen of morphine injections." Because giving substance abusers a different substance to abuse is SUCH a good decision. Seriously?!?! What was the logic behind that one?!?!
** Again, all the quotes are from Doctors Killed George Washington by Barrett and Mingo. The comments following are obviously not from the book.
1 comment:
I'm with you...no way on St. Paul...i think his visions were the real Thing...
Brookie flies home in 31 days---are you dropping by?
Post a Comment