Friday, December 21, 2007

Giving Some Holiday Cheer

Last year my mom sent me a "Pass the Cheer" e-card from Starbucks (if it wasn't her, it was someone). Well, this year I decided to send one to my friend as a pre-exam well-wish (it also came with a promise of Starbucks in her future... we now exchange Starbucks giving - one time she'll surprise me, the next time I'll surprise her... much to the chagrin of Bill, who looks sad every time we have Starbucks and he does not) . Now, I'm pretty sure she never passed it on... so it didn't go far. But it did make her smile, and that's what they're about anyway.
Today, however, I found out that Starbucks wants to do more than have its customers pass the cheer, it wants to pass on cheer itself. When I opened my email box what did I find? A gift certificate for $5!! Thank you Starbucks. That's one more study aid for me! :) I would say one more peppermint mocha, but I don't think I'll be getting the gift card until after all the peppermint is gone (boo).
So, for all you Starbucks fans out there... next year (or even this year, it might not be too late). Send cheer onto a friend and get some sent to yourself.
Mmmmmmh. Peppermint mocha!!!





No comments: