Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New "Study Techniques"

I've been having a really hard time focusing on my studies..... which is REALLY not good seeing as our last biochem test is on Tuesday. It isn't helped by the fact that watching biochem lectures (at 1.8x) has the same effect as a sedative. No joke, I've seriously taken naps after half of the lectures and had to finish the rest in the morning.

Yesterday was really bad, I could not sit at my desk and work... so I rearranged. It's amazing what a little change of scenery (i.e. window with blinds drawn rather than wall with shelves.... it was a 90 degree turn, thats it!) can do to the psyche.

Also, to help myself get motivated I've been watching Gray's Anatomy while outlining the lecture notes... I've also decided to read the slide before he talks about it... one at a time, in order to force myself to stay awake. It's been rough to say the least.

The matter isn't helped by the fact that I'm waking up dreaming biochem from streaming before going to bed. It makes for some very depressing (and confusing) dreams. Every morning I wake up and am all confused by my brains attempt at putting things together subconsciously. It really needs to stop it before I go insane.

In happier news... 2 weeks from this time tomorrow = SPRING BREAK!!! 2 weeks + 10 hours from now = boarding a plane for COSTA RICA for 12ish days!!!!

No comments: