Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oh Wellington Bear....



I am very much ready for spring to be here... Bring on the April showers and May flowers! (I think I'm weather ADD... I'm always so ready for the next season... that or it's just crazy from being locked up inside all day). I'm ready to run outside and play lacrosse! I 'm ready for the rain (which I love!!!). I'm ready to hear it falling while I fall asleep and I'm hoping that I can find a good spot to watch a thunderstorm (although I can see them really well from my apartment.... I want to find a deck somewhere where I can sit outside and watch). Basically, I need more environment in my life.... med school has taken away my playing outside time. Anyone want to go camping with me when it's not like -15 outside?!

Yesterday my roommate and I went to Old Navy after we finished biochem (oh, forgot to mention: DONE WITH BIOCHEM!!! HALLELUJAH!)... and we bought lots of cute springy clothes. It was stupendously fun, and probably one of my favorite post-exam activities (this was helped by MS1 fellowship with a great turnout and a very fun time at the Irish Bar in Greektown... yeah, figure that one out).

However, one thing that I've been dreaming of having for the last 3 years are a pair of cute Wellies... Yes, I'm weird. But I have this really weird desire of wearing this plastic boots and jumping in puddles. However, my dream doesn't stop there, I REALLY want a raincoat to wear with them (again the awesome plastic kind). I'm seriously like 5 years old sometimes.

I can't remember if it was me or Anne (my best friend from birth) who had the awesome raincoat growing up... but I distinctly remember a raincoat that was reversible... one side had amazingly cute little (green?) whales. I wish I owned that/ it fit me... Hmm... Why am I so strange.

(p.s. I found some cute Wellies)

P.P.S. After getting home tonight I was hungry (it was like 9pm and I hadn't eaten since noon) so I decided to watch some TV.. the only thing on was South Park, which I never watch... but I there was an AMAZING quote that I have to put somewhere:
"Its not the pot holes you have to worry about, its the potheads!" -Cartman
That made me laugh a few times tonight... I dedicate it to all the crappy roads (more to come on that later) and to two of my med school friends (who shall remain unnamed).

No comments: