A little history of me and sports... I started following different teams at different times of my life when I was with different people. I started following the Tigers when I was a little one, mainly because my dad took me to a game; MSU Basketball and the Pistons were added when I was in middle/high school because those where the teams my dad followed; the Colts and U of M football jumped on in college (I went to school in IN, therefore everyone followed the Colts, and MSU doesn't have a football team worth following ever... I had to follow a Michigan team, and seeing as my best friend also went to U of M, it seemed to fit). Recently (read playoffs), my friend Scott has gotten me into the Red Wings.**
Now today... the Pistons, Tigers and Red Wings played! And I just want to show how amazing (if almost inconceivable) today was in the land of Detroit Sports:

DET 98 - PHI 81

DET 6 - NYY 4

DET 4 - COL 3
Yes, today was a good day for sports my friends.
** Sadly, I no longer have cable. So if I want to watch the game I have to go somewhere else, and with the study schedule that just ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Thus mlb.com and nhl.com have been my new friends... Live updates (and radio for when I need a study break) have been a God-send!
1 comment:
I don't know if you're a dork. I think you're probably more of a geek. Or maybe a nerd? And yes, there's a difference.
Nerds are just really, really smart. Usually liking computers. They're the ones that are most likely to own pocket protectors. They're not particularly superficial, placing more importance on brain power than appearance.
Dorks are awkward, socially inept, and have trouble relating to others.
Geeks have a great deal of knowledge about certain, non-mainstream areas. Or they have obsessive interests about things that aren't in the norm.
I'm a geek. A Shakespeare geek. A musical theatre geek. A mythology geek. A Harry Potter geek. A names geek. Oh, yeah. And proud of it.
Post a Comment