
So I have general rules (which I usually don't realize until I'm facing them). Some of them apply to other people/ social interactions and some of them apply to me. For example:
- Don't drive in the left lane unless you are passing slow people... if you're driving slow enough for me/others to have to slow down then you're not driving fast enough and should move over until you are passing more people.
- Don't take up all 4 outlets at the coffee shop - it just rude. If you need to charge your phone, iPod, computer, and electronic dog walker, do it at home. Be courteous and share the plugs.
- Don't eat unless you're either bored out of your mind or hungry
Repeat on Monday. And again tonight.
How is it that my body has not been able to signal me to the fact that it is running on 1000 cal (daily requirement being about double that for a sedentary person) until I'm to the point of light-headedness? What happened to thalamus? Why is it not sending signals to eat? Where is the grummbly stomach?
Anyways, tonight I was at the coffee shop and it was about 9 pm when I realized that all I had eaten today was a small quiznos veggie (which was delicious) and a cookie. Thus lead me to conclude that I should probably get something else to eat since I still had a few more hours to put in and had the vaguest sense of light-headedness coming on.
Answer: Taco Bell of course.
On my way to school to study I determined to stop and grab a little something to pull me through the night... only to find that Taco Bell was closed. To quote my friend Jacki, "How can TB be closed? They're open late. What about fourth meal?"
Answer: McDonalds... which doesn't have many options for the veggie friends.
So I grabbed a fruit and walnut salad and fry to help sustain me.... only after eating it I'm now currently feeling like crap.
WTF body?!
I'm a little confused here. I don't eat and you make me almost pass out. I eat and I feel like crap. What do you want from me!? We really need to come to a truce or at least a mutual understanding. If you make me realize that I'm actually hungry at appropriate times I will kindly oblige. But, when you don't let me know that I need to eat until it's 10pm and we're having CNS issues, you need to be kind enough not to give me GI issues as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment