"These are not monuments, but footprints. A monument only says, 'At least I made it this far,' while a footprint says, 'This is where I was when I moved again.'" -William Faulkner
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Oh Disney Movies
Someone posted a video from Sword and the Stone on their blog earlier this week and it got me to thinking about how amazing Disney movies used to be. I remember opening our movie cabinet and having my pick of all the Disney classics.
Disney movies have always held a very special place... which is why when, in college, I came home to steal all my Disney movies and realized they were gone, I was rather upset.
What is so amazing about all these movies is that they have that old animation quality to them. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Finding Nemo, but I love the dulled colors of the old movies. And I love the old plastic VHS covers. The big white ones that you have to pull open. They just make me so happy.
Just because I'm feeling nostalgic, here's some of my favorites from when I was a kid (get ready it's like all of them):
- Sword and the Stone - still have an obsession w/the Arthurian legends
- Cinderella - one of the few ones my mom someone didn't sell in a garage sale
- Sleeping Beauty
- Bambi
- Dumbo
- The Little Mermaid
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Pinocchio
- Alice and Wonderland - so much so that I have it in book form
- Peter Pan
- Lady and the Tramp
- Jungle Book
- Aristocats
Now there's also a lot of other Disney movies that I love, but they are what I consider the next generation of Disney movies (things like Mulan, Pocahontes, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, etc.
When I asked my mom about them this weekend, she was like: well, we could always get them on DVD... Firstly, not the same. Secondly, they're all locked up in the Disney vault (Boo Disney Vault).
So, what are your favorite Disney movies? Doesn't sitting down and watching one just make you want to smile?
I know Cinderella and I have a date for when I get back to my apartment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sleeping Beauty is coming out on DVD and BluRay--I'm totally getting that one!
Post a Comment