Sorry it's taken me until now to get to updating. My life has been crazy-busy, and am actually taking a small study break right now (short post??)
My first week was good, overwhelming, and tiring. But overally, good. Class is basically from 9-5 everyday (with parts of that being lab). Then, there is the studying to try and keep up. We had one workshop that told us we could study 59 hours per week, not that we actually would do this, but we could.
So, you may be wondering where all my time has gone.? Let me give you an example of a day...
For example: today's schedule (plus my extra stuff outside class)
6:30-7:30 wake up, get dress, eat breakfast, read bible
7:30-9:00 study anatomy
9:00-10:00 histology lab (self study... so eileen and i went to matthews medical to get a BRS anatomy.... a review book)
10:00-12:00 histology lecture (connective tissue yay!)
12:00-1:00 brown bag lunch with dr. ireland (aka ask away about all you don't know and want answers to)
1:00-2:00 anatomy lecture
2:00-5:00 anatomy lab
5:00-8:00 run over on lab, driving, working out, driving, eating dinner
8:00-1:00 studying
each day varies, but that is a typical type schedule.
now you might be wondering:
what classes are you taking? what are you studying?
-Gross Anatomy - every detail about how the body is put together, currently studying the armpit region (lots of stuff going on there, seriously... it's called the brachial plexus, and I'm pretty sure I've dreamt about it a few times)
-Histology - microscopic anatomy, basic cell and tissue types (lots of review thanks to Dr, Fisher, to whom I am indebted for his amazing histo class in undergrad!)
what was your first anatomy lab like?
well, you know it's a person under the plastic so at first it's kind of odd. but after you make the first incision and start finding things it's easy to dissociate that thought from what you are actually doing. it's actually really interesting to look through and muscles and try and find all the nerves, arteries and veins... even if they are extremely annoying to find at times
have you done anything fun?
YES! On Saturday morning I went to the farmers market and got all kinds of goodies, from which I made an amazing eggplant and garlic pasta sauce. We, Eileen and I, played sand volleyball and sat by the pool at our friends' apartment complex in the suburbs. We're also working out 3 times a week, which is fun! And as lame as it sounds, study groups have been fun.
well, that is all I have time for.... histology and anatomy reviews are calling my name. if you have any questions about what my life has been like, add a comment and I'll get back to you soon.... or at least after the 1st exam (in 2 weeks.. AHH!)
2 comments:
oh my what a schedule...
if anyone can do it, Katie can...
brookie 2 shoes turns 2 dozen in 2 weeks...
Yikes Bikes...that looks like fun.
Remember that one time we celebrated New Years listening to your favs on your Hip Hop playlist? good times!
Post a Comment