The Weekend
So, this weekend I went to Chicago. In fact, I took the train to Chicago, which is the first time I've ever taken a train... However, I'm not impressed with the punctuality of the train (or lack thereof). We didn't get in to Chi-town until almost 11:30 pm.... or 12:30 pm MI time.
However, all this was made up for by the fact that I got to see some of my favorite people of all time, starting with Ben... who graciously gave me his bed and slept at his parent's house. We stayed up until about 2 (3 am MI) talking with two of his friends and then called it a night.
The next day I went to the coffee shop to study (what else would I possibly do?!) while waiting for Ben to get back from an appointment and ended up talking to friends most of the time (we were trying to plan out how to see each other). All this lead to a very social day; we started off mid-afternoon by meeting up with Amanda and Peter (who was shortly followed by Angela -- Amanda and Angela are some of my really good friends from HS)... this included coffee, but mostly just hanging around talking.
Angela, Me, and Amanda back at Ben's place, catching up on old times.
After they left Ben and I met up with Kristen (my freshman roommate) and Mitch (her husband/ my friend). It was late so we decided to go get food, the problem was that there was NO parking (surprise!). So, Ben pulled some strings and found us parking at one of the safest places in the area:
Me and Kristen on the way to dinner at our "special" parking spot.
Dinner was SO enjoyable. It was great catching up with Kris and Mitch, and our waiter was so funny (besides the fact that the food was amazing). We then decided to go out for drinks... the problem with that arose when we walked into one of the bars and found ourselves as the only patrons at that time. We walked out and went to the hookah bar instead... definitely the better choice.
Ben and Mitch at the hookah bar.
That brings us up to Sunday: I went with Ben to church and then got back on the train (the weekend went WAY too fast, and now I want to live in Chicago). The train ride was uneventful until I realized that I couldn't find my keys. Yes, that is right... no keys in my purse. Rather, my keys decided that they needed a bit more vacation and decided to stay with Ben. Oops.
Luckily, I have amazing friends - one who came to pick me up at the train station (during slick driving conditions) and a roommate who came home, rather than studying at school, to let me into the apartment (and drove me back to get my car this morning - Praise the Lord I gave her my spare at the beginning of the school year).
All I can say is, this weekend was amazing. And school is now driving me crazy again (I'm really scared about my upcoming tests... I'm aiming to pass right now and that's about it...)
Random Pictures from School (lab stuff):
ECGs and the effects of inspiration/expiration, sudden standing, cold pressor tests on blood pressure, heart rate, and pulse (pictures taken on my camera - my favorite pic will not send, it's making me very sad). Yay, for being nerds.
1 comment:
Yay! I got a mention!
Post a Comment