Thursday, February 21, 2008

100th Post!!!


a.k.a. Ghetto Fabulous!


What's with the secondary title?? Yesterday I mentioned the "potholes vs. potheads" quote (see the very bottom of the last post) and said that it needed further explanation.. Here is that explanation:

I think I mentioned the crazy construction before (the crazy guys working at 7 am next to my building, the city of Detroit being stupid and closing off all possible routes to anywhere one weekend, etc)... but it has officially gotten out of hand.

Meet what used to be the entrance to my parking garage:
Hmmm, the amazing, expanding large hole and Tonka trunks. Awesome. This pit is right in front of the exit to the parking garage, literally making it impossible to get get near it... However, someone was smart enough to leave the entrance untouched... this means that you get to play chicken everytime you try and leave.... honk and pray no one else is coming. Also, when it's really bad you have to go the wrong way down the one way to even get to the entrance.

Apparently they are trying to get rid of "polluted dirt", but I really don't understand what that means... and if a little bit is nasty, doesn't that mean that all the dirt (including that under the buildings) is nasty? When does the amazing expanding hole stop?

Next up on the craziness is the construction that nearly left me stranded a few weekends ago... Here's a few shots on my trip to school:




Did I mention that I LOVE construction.... just kidding. But it sure does make the day more interesting.... never knowing if you'll actually be able to get through...Watching all the idiots who don't understand the construction try and make sense of it....

Anyways, it's time for me to start to try and study (procrastination is getting the best of me).

1 comment:

Angela said...

Congratulations on your 100th post!

I'm not even sure how many posts I have. I know it's not anywhere near 100...

*runs to check*

79 so far. (30 in November... ha!)