Saturday, September 13, 2008

Best Friend and Confidant

I am super blessed to have my mom be a huge part of my life. She is pretty much amazing. Although we do not talk to each other every day, I would say we talk to each other at least once a week, more if I am having a mental breakdown over an upcoming test (or posting of test grades) or people issues.

That makes these next two weeks hard because 1) I have a test coming up, 2) I am having minor issues, and 3) my mom is in Italy for the next two weeks.

Let us just say that I am more happy for her being in Italy than her being here to talk about my issues.

But yes... My mom is in Italy, for a trip that I keep telling her I should be going on. We have this joke about Italy, mainly revolving around my college graduation. My mom, my best friend, my best friend's mom, and me were supposed to go to Italy as graduation presents for me and my best friend. It did not pan out, and I ended up going to Thailand for the year. However, my best friend and her mom did end up going to Italy together last February.

What makes the trip even more ironic is that it is a photography class. When my mom told me this, she even mentioned that I should be the one going.

But that is not the point of this post, the point of this post is to say that my mom has safely arrived in Cortona, Italy at her castle of a hotel and is taking beautiful pictures of Tuscany (which I cannot wait to see).

Have a wonderful time mom, and I cannot wait to see your pictures when you get back!!!!

1 comment:

Quinn said...

Thanks for the kind wishes for Oxford Katie. It's been great so far, and I'm sure it will only get better. Sounds like your second year is insanely busy. All the best as you toil away. Your mom's trip sounds incredible. Hopefully there will be tons of pictures.