It's laundry day.. or laundry weekend. I hate having to do laundry. Let me re-state that: I hate doing laundry in my building. Laundry is a process anyways, but my building makes it an even bigger process.
There's having to get all my laundry in a basket... then getting to the elevator... waiting 5+ minutes for the elevator to arrive... the ride down to the basement... the walk to the laundry room... finding that half of the washers are broken and the other have are being used... waiting for a machine only to find out that you cannot get change cause the change machine is broken... throwing the wet laundry in the dryer... going back up upstairs... coming back down only to find that all your clothes are still damp (we cannot add minutes to our dryers... it's a completely new cycle, which I refuse to pay for)... folding it all in the middle of the laundry room... and carting it all back up to the apartment.
Is it any wonder I despise this activity and put it off as much as possible?
I told myself at church that I had to do it right when I got home... still haven't, but need to in the next few minutes. I have no more work-appropriate clothes, which is a huge problem seeing as I'm working at the hospital.
I don't think I would despise doing laundry so much if I had my own washer and dryer in my apartment. In fact, it makes me want to live in a house... From now on, I will not live in an apartment without washers and dryers in-unit.

1 comment:
I live in an apartment building that is directly above dry-cleaners. I pay them to do my laundry. Lazy? Yes. Expensive? Yes. But oh-so-worth-it that I don't have to do it myself. It comes back clean, neat, and folded. It's like heaven.
Post a Comment