Monday, June 30, 2008

I Love My Friends

Meet John:
John is one of my dearest friends from college. We became friends our freshman year when our roommates were interested in each other (they are now married). John and I got to hang out during the awkward moments of our roommates testing the waters -- we owe much of our friendship to the ridiculous "open-house" rules at TU.

Since then John has been one of "my people"* -- those people you turn to when you need to talk about something, need a shoulder to cry on, need advice, etc. Basically, "my people" are the few select people in my life that I trust with and in everything -- they are incredibly important to me.

Anyways, back to the reason for this post. John has impeccable timing for so many reasons. These past few weeks have been wrought with anxious and self-questioning thoughts -- some pertaining to school and others to general life.

When I get into this mindset it can be easy for me to start to get depressed. In fact, I was starting to get into this mood on my way home from a friend's house last night (after having a pretty good day).

Needless to say, it amazes me how amazing my friends are -- and how good their timing always is.



*to find such people is rare - although with each place in my life a have a good 2-3 close friends that would qualify.

No comments: