Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pupils not equal but reactive.

"I thought you had a compressed nerve"

That is what one of the peds residents said to me tonight at our 3 hour dinner meeting. Why? Cause today we went to the Eye Institute to properly learn how to do an eye exam. Some of us had the "lucky" opportunity to get our pupils dilated (so that our classmates had a better chance at actually seeing anything in the eye).

But, we didn't get both pupils dilated... nope. Only one. Leaving me looking like some crazy person.

Case in point:
Needless to say my vision was a little blurry for a bit. And although I can see straight again, my right eye still has yet to return fully back to normal (it was supposed to take 4 hours and it's been about 7... its on its way, slowly but surely).

It did leave me walking out in these rocking sunglasses* after the session though:

* But according to Vogue, geometric patterns are in for this coming spring... just a little ahead of the curve. ;)

1 comment:

Heidi Renée said...

Ok, that is kind of frightening to look at. If I had been one of the "lucky" ones, I probably would have tried to get out of it.

I love your hat!