WELCOME TO THE NEW YEAR!Yes, I know... It's technically the 2nd, but in my mind it's never too late to wish others well or post NY resolutions (especially if they've been in your head since before the year started).
Now, I could go back and list highlights from 2008 or do some reflection... but let's me honest, unless you were there for the most of it, a lot of it will fall on deaf ears. So for reflections (unless they come at a later date), let me quote the local radio station, "2008. It happened."
And now to the point of this post -- the resolutions (let see if I remember them all):
1. Work out at least M,W,F. I was really good about this last year until after Spring Break and then good again during the summer. The times in between were crazy crazy busy with school and super overwhelming... I need to be better about this.
2. Make a real meal at least once a week. Now, we're not talking throwing pasta in the pot. We're talking find a new recipe and make it. I think I've regressed in my ability to cook since starting med school. In undergrad my roommates and I would have dinner parties with our friends at least once every 3 weeks and make some new yummy dish. I need to relearn how to cook for fear that my bank account will be empty before the March cruise.
3. Stop being an iTunes whore. Strong language, but it's true. I mentioned a few posts ago that I have a very bad propensity to buy music before exams. But I also rent movies on there (and that's just not very cost effective).
4. Be better about reading my mail and paying my bills before they're almost past due (or past due). Mom, I blame you for this one... That or my fear of actually becoming an adult... Or my hatred of money. But either way, mail sits unopened for sometimes weeks. Bad, Katie. Bad.
5. Be a better student. Vague, I know. But with boards coming up I really need to step up my game. I know I can do and be better than I am... I'm disappointing myself and letting myself down.
6. Swear less. It was on here last year. I was doing well for awhile and then life went crazy again/ I drove and it all went downhill.
7. Gossip and pass judgment less. 'Nuff said.
8. Be a better friend... and reach out to the "2nd tier" more. I know this sounds weird, but it's true. We all have those few select individuals that we refer to as "our people" (to quote Gray's Anatomy). And then there's the next tier that are also really close friends, but that we may not reach out to or seek out nearly as often as we should. We need them just as much, and they might need us too, you never know.
9. Be more optimistic about life and myself.
10. Be better about cleaning my dishes/ vacuuming/ cleaning in general. I'm usually "tidy clean" but never really do real cleaning (don't judge, it's a time thing... and hatred thing). Roommate this is partly for you. Sorry I suck at the dishes.
I'm sure there are others, but I'll leave it at 10 for today. I know some of them are a little intangible and others are clearly tangible, but that's how my mind works. And before I actually end this post, I want to leave you all with a list I've had on the white board in my room all year:
May it help guide you as we all seek to be "Better" in 2009.
2 comments:
Sounds like a great set of resolutions Katie and many of which I will share. Happy New Year!
thanks!
Post a Comment