Not my car, nor the weather conditions. * PS forgive me upfront for mispelling winch as wench in all the convos on Tuesday. My bad, I'm and idiot.
Tuesday was an interesting day. It started with me waking up early to fetch my roommate from the airport (she lives in Cali and was coming back for school). Her flight was supposed to come in at 8... so I got there right about then and starting waiting. Around 8:30 I started to wonder what was taking so long... and about 8:45 I called to see if she lost her luggage or something. As soon as she answered her phone I realized my mistake. Her flight came in at 8pm, not 8am. Ooops. (I blame me being blonde/the fact that Roomms always comes in on morning flights.)
So, I went home, took a 20 minute power nap and then went to school for the day. Which turned out to be a rather good day.
At about 7:40ish I got back in my car and headed back to the airport. This is where the problems began. You see, I live in Michigan... and it was misting out. Now I thought nothing of this until I was getting off the exit (which for the airport is like a mile long and is actually 3 exits). As the first exit was branching off my car started to fishtail. Rut-row.
In a matter of seconds my feeble attempts to fight the fishtailing failed and I ended up facing the wrong way in the ditch... about 15 feet from the road. Luckily for me there was a bunch of tall grasses to slow my car down (and kept me from hitting a fence on the other side of them). And even luckier, my car/I was completely fine... my worse fear was that another car would fishtail and end up in the ditch on top of my car (which might have almost happened).
Thus started the fun: I called my parents first to let them know what had happened and to get the AAA number. Then I called my friend Jacki to see if she could pick my roommate up (so she wouldn't be stranded for hours); this was followed by a call to my roommate to let her know that Jacki would be getting her as my car was currently indisposed. Finally I called AAA... only to find out that my name was not on the account.
This lead to a 4-way call which included: my mom, the AAA operator, their cashier, and me. During this craziness Jacki tried calling me to see if she needed to pick me up. Since I could not take the call I took a different chance. Is it possible to text someone while also talking to people on the phone? WIN!!!!
And proof of said win:

After letting her know I was on the phone via text, figuring out the AAA stuff, talking to the tow-person, and returning Jacki's phone call/checking up on roommate I had some time to spare (while waiting to be pulled out).
And here my iPhone helped me out with games... and the ability to update my facebook status. Can we say, "thank you awesome iPhone for providing me something to distract me from the frigid cold encroaching on my car!"

A little while later I was saved and back on the road. I met up with Jacki and Roomms at a McDonalds, where Roomms jumped into my car and we all headed back home. The roads were even worse now, and people were in the ditches everywhere... but we made it home safely.Thus ends the random story. :)
1 comment:
okay, the Iphone rocks. Now I am totally going to have to get one. Too bad I have Verizon. Such a conundrum because hubby's contract has not yet expired. Hmmm...
Post a Comment