I've been telling myself that I would go to the DIA since I moved to Detroit. Well, I finally did... and here's some pictures to prove it.
I think what I liked about this one is how Benzoni makes the marble truly look like fabric. It amazes me that you can sculpt something that looks like there are layers underneath.
I've always loved Andy Warhol's work. How he takes celebrity and paints it to look like advertising is such a comment on our times and popular views.
I LOVE this piece. I think it's the nerd in me... " When I say this I thought it was brilliant. Under the title it says "Dictionary. And I had to laugh when two other people looking at it mentioned that it wasn't a dictionary. I merely mentioned, "It's genetic code."
For some reason I sometimes find people looking at art more beautiful than the art itself.
Can you tell that I like Modern Art... I'm weird, I know. But I'm strangely attracted to it. Needless to say, I love all art and must say that some of my favorite times in NYC a few years back was when I went to the Met by myself for the day.
1 comment:
OH I love the DIA I haven't been there in a couple years. I wanted to go for Monet to Dahli but I don't think I'm going to make it. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I like reading other blogs from Michigan :)
Post a Comment