Thursday, January 29, 2009

Please be proactive!

Click the image to read the article.


I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but PLEASE check on people in your area if the temperatures are cold. Many people in our communities go without heat and need others to look out for their well-being. Call the elderly, knock on neighbors' doors.... just do something.

3 comments:

nurse 8 said...

Where was the nephew on this one? It makes me so incredibly sad that his own family didn't check on this gentleman. But I agree with you, Katie, neighbors need to take care of each other as well! It's awful that no one prevented this from happening. :(

Angela said...

Guess what? I gave you an award!

Katie said...

Katie - I agree with you on that one. It's a shame that the nephew wasn't already there checking on him.

Angela - Thanks! You're amazing!